A. PERSONAL DATA
Verwater respects the privacy of its clients, suppliers, business-partners, the users of its products and the visitors to its website. Verwater processes all personal data in compliance with the applicable legislation, in particular the “GDPR” (General Data Protection Regulation).
2. Data Controller
This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data by all Verwater entities established in Europe, hereinafter jointly referred to as “Verwater”. In principle, the data is processed by the Verwater entity with which you deal, unless another Verwater entity is the recipient of the personal data, in which case such entity is the Data Controller.
Verwater receives your personal data:
- if you fill in your details via forms on our website;
- if we conclude with you or with the company at which you are employed a sales or purchase of goods and services agreement;
- if we or our employees conclude with you or with the company at which you are employed an agreement to promote the interests of Verwater or our employees;
- if we conclude with you or with the company at which you are employed an employment of personnel agreement or an internship agreement;
- if you visit one of our offices;
- if you send us an e-mail or contact us by a telephone call or contact one of the employees of Verwater in any other way, for example on a project site, or during trade fairs or events.
4. Personal Data
Fundamentally, you do not need to provide Verwater with your personal data in order to use the majority of Verwater’s website.
For the under "5. Pursposes" listed purposes Verwater can collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- name and address data, title;
- contact data, for example your private address, your post and e-mail address and your phone number;
- the company at which you are employed and your function;
- financial information, such as your bank account number;
- technical data, such as your IP address, the device which you use to visit our website and the pages you view;
- image recordings if you visit our office in Essen, Belgium;
if you carry out work at the site of Verwater on behalf of the company at which you are employed we also process:
(i) information concerning your education and certificates and
(ii) in the event of an accident at work, any injury you may have sustained;
- all other personal data that we may receive from you or about you or that we can obtain
- ourselves and which will be used for the purposes as stated below.
5. Legal grounds and purposes
The abovementioned personal data may be processed on the basis of one of the following
- processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement in which you are the one of the relevant parties (Article 6, paragraph 1, point b, of the GDPR); or
- processing is necessary to comply with legal requirements which Verwater is subject to (Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR); or
- processing is necessary for the representation of the legitimate interests of Verwater (Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR); or
- you have given your permission to do so (Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR).
Verwater collects your data listed under "4. Personal data", for the purpose of providing better service.
More specifically, the personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- to respond to your questions about our products or services and in order to provide you with information regarding our products or services;
- to be able to provide you the requested by you products or to receive productes or services provided by you;
- to perform other agreements concluded between you or the company at which you are employed and Verwater;
- to verify your identity and financial data with respect to the delivery of our products and services;
- to improve our products and services;
- to analyse and follow up on complaints about our products or services;
- to ensure your safety and the safety of our employees;
- to comply with legal requirements;
- to contact you with relevant information or invitations, in the context of maintaining and expanding our customer base or while maintaining our relationship with partners, suppliers and other companies;
- in case of an application for a job position, to evaluate your suitability to work at Verwater;
- to monitor and improve the use of our website;
- during the making of backups of our ICT systems.
6. Receivers of your Personal Data
Verwater may share your personal data with the companies of the Verwater groep or with third parties who assist Verwater with provision of services, such as the website's hosting party. They will only have access to your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the performance of their activities.
Third parties to whom Verwater may provide your personal data are themselves also responsible for the processing of this data and for compliance with the GDPR. If a third party processes your personal data as a processor on behalf of Verwater, we will conclude a Data Processing agreement that meets the requirements of the GDPR.
If one of our external suppliers processes personal data outside the European Economic Area, our written agreement with such supplier will include appropriate measures.
Verwater will not sell or otherwise provide your personal data to third parties for a fee.
7. Your rights
You have the right of insight or a copy of your personal data and/or you can have your data changed if it is incorrect or incomplete. You have the right to constrain your personal data or file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data. You have the right to request the disposal of your personal data.
In making the request, Verwater may ask you to reveal your identity, in order to determine whether your request is legitimate.
Verwater can reject your request for insight in case this leads to the violation of privacy rights of other persons, the disclosure of company secrets or to the benefit of protecting intellectual property. In case your details are needed to comply with an agreement or legal requirement, the possibility exists that your data cannot (yet) be deleted.
You have the right to file a complaint to the Personal Data Authority.
8. Retention period
Verwater retains your personal data for as long as is strictly necessary to correctly carry out its intended purpose. In case Verwater has collected your data as part of an agreement, your personal data will be retained for as long as is strictly needed to carry out the objective of this agreement. In case data has been collected with your consent, your personal data will be retained until you revoke your consent or until the personal data is no longer strictly necessary for achieving the intended purpose.
Legal requirements may dictate that your personal data must be retained after it has served its intended purpose. In this case we are bound to do so.
Verwater gives a great value to the careful handling of your personal data. Verwater cannot guarantee that the measures implemented by Verwater are impossible to bypass, since the internet is an open system. However, Verwater takes all appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from loss, alteration or unauthorised access.
Access rights regarding your personal data are limited by Verwater. Moreover, only the personal data that is strictly necessary to achieve the intended purpose will be used. Persons who have access to your personal details are correctly informed about its confidentiality and are instructed to handle it with the utmost care. They are also bound to a non-disclosure agreement to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of your data.
If you access third party websites through the Verwater website, we strongly recommend that you review the privacy policies of these third parties. Verwater is not responsible for the policies of these third parties.
2. Types of cookies
a. Technical cookies
The Verwater website uses technical cookies. These cookies are necessary for the correct functioning of the website, for instance to enable account registration or to be able to log in to your account.
b. Functional cookies
The Verwater website uses functional cookies. By using this type of cookies, Verwater is able to recognise certain preferences and settings, for instance your personal preferences whether or not to allow cookies, the country from which you are visiting the website, the language of this website, etc. Cookies are used to enhance your experience when visiting our website.
c. Analytical cookies
The Verwater website uses analytical cookies via Google Analytics. These cookies collect anonymous information about how the website is used by its visitors. This way, Verwater can monitor statistics concerning visitors to its website, how visitors were referred to the website and how you use the website, so Verwater can get a better insight in the effectiveness of the website.
d. Social media cookies
3. Erasing cookies
Some cookies are automatically erased when closing the web browser, for example session cookies. Other cookies are saved until they expire or are actively erased. Actively erasing cookies can be done on your web browser. How to erase cookies exactly, depends on which web browser you are using. De Nederlandse Consumentenbond provides an instruction on how to delete cookies, which can be found at the following link: https://www.consumentenbond.nl/internet-privacy/cookies-verwijderen.
Please keep in mind that certain functionalities or parts of the Verwater website become inaccessible or unfunctional if you have erased cookies.
Google Analytics is operational on the Verwater website. You can disable Google Analytics by downloading a tool from Google by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
4. Web beacons
Pages on the Verwater website can contain so called "web beacons". These web beacons are a type of electronic image recording the number of viewers visiting the website. These web beacons are used to verify the effectiveness of a campaign.